Spider Crawl Push up
The Spider Crawl Push Up is a challenging and dynamic exercise that targets multiple muscle groups in the upper body and core. This exercise combines the benefits of a traditional push up with the added challenge of incorporating a crawling motion, making it an excellent choice for those looking to take their workouts to the next level. During a Spider Crawl Push Up, you begin in a standard push up position with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. As you lower your chest towards the ground, you simultaneously bring your right knee to your right elbow, mimicking a crawling motion. As you push back up, you extend your right leg back to the starting position. Repeat the same movement with your left knee and continue alternating sides. The Spider Crawl Push Up engages the muscles of the chest, shoulders, triceps, and core. It also targets the muscles of the hip flexors, quadriceps, and glutes as you bring your knee to your elbow. By combining these movements, you not only increase the challenge for your upper body but also engage the stabilizing muscles of the core. To get the most out of Spider Crawl Push Ups, aim for proper form and control throughout the movement. Keep your core engaged and your body in a straight line from head to toe. If you find it challenging, you can modify the exercise by performing it on your knees or against a wall. As with any exercise, it's important to start with a weight and difficulty level that suits your current fitness level and gradually increase intensity as you become stronger. Incorporating the Spider Crawl Push Up into your workout routine can help improve upper body strength, core stability, and overall muscular endurance. It's an intense exercise that can take your fitness to new heights. Whether you're working out at home or in the gym, give the Spider Crawl Push Up a try and feel your muscles working in a whole new way.
- Start in a high plank position with your arms extended and your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body towards the ground, keeping your back straight and core engaged.
- As you push back up, lift your right knee towards your right elbow, keeping it hovering above the ground.
- Return your right leg back to the plank position and perform another push-up.
- Repeat the same movement, this time lifting your left knee towards your left elbow.
- Continue alternating knees with every push-up repetition.
- Make sure to keep your movements controlled, engaging both your upper body and core throughout the exercise.
- Perform the desired number of repetitions or time duration.
Tips & Tricks
- Focus on maintaining a strong plank position throughout the movement to engage your core muscles effectively.
- Keep your elbows slightly tucked in during the push-up phase to target your triceps more.
- Engage your glutes and quads to keep your body stable and balanced as you perform the spider crawl.
- If you are finding it difficult, start by practicing the spider crawl without the push-up to build strength and coordination.
- Take your time to master the form and technique before progressing to more advanced variations of the exercise.
- Incorporate spider crawl push-ups as part of a well-rounded upper body and core strengthening routine.
- Remember to breathe steadily and maintain a controlled pace throughout the exercise.
- Listen to your body and modify the exercise as needed to avoid any discomfort or pain.
- Fuel your body with a balanced diet to support muscle recovery and growth.
- Stay consistent with your workout routine and gradually increase the intensity to see improvements over time.