Push-Up Inside Leg Kick
The "Push-Up Inside Leg Kick" is a challenging compound exercise that targets several muscle groups simultaneously, making it an excellent addition to your workout routine. This dynamic movement combines the classic push-up with the inside leg kick, which helps to engage the core, chest, shoulders, triceps, and hip flexors. To perform the Push-Up Inside Leg Kick, assume a high plank position with your wrists aligned under your shoulders and your feet hip-width apart. Lower your body towards the ground while maintaining a straight line from head to toe, engaging your core throughout the movement. Keep your elbows tucked close to your body as you descend, then push back up explosively to the starting position. Once you've completed the push-up, lift one leg off the ground and bring the inside knee towards the opposite elbow. Extend the leg back out and repeat the movement on the other side. The leg kick adds an extra challenge by engaging your hip flexors and increasing the intensity of the exercise. Incorporating the Push-Up Inside Leg Kick into your fitness routine can help improve upper body and core strength, enhance stability, and boost overall athleticism. Remember to perform the exercise with proper form, maintain a controlled tempo, and adjust the difficulty by modifying the push-up or leg kick as needed. Stay consistent and gradually increase the number of repetitions or sets as you progress, and always listen to your body to avoid overexertion. Get ready to feel the burn!
- Start in a high plank position with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your core engaged and your body in a straight line from head to toe.
- Bend your elbows and lower your chest towards the floor, keeping your elbows at a 45-degree angle to your body.
- As you push back up to the starting position, lift your right leg off the ground and kick it out to the side.
- Return your right leg to the starting position as you lower your body for the next repetition.
- Repeat the push-up, this time lifting and kicking your left leg.
- Continue alternating legs with each repetition.
Tips & Tricks
- Engage your core throughout the entire movement.
- Focus on controlling the speed of the push-up and leg kick for better balance and coordination.
- Keep your glutes (butt muscles) squeezed throughout the exercise for maximum stability.
- Gradually increase the number of repetitions and sets as you get stronger and more comfortable with the exercise.
- Try to maintain a straight line from head to toe throughout the push-up and leg kick.
- Breathe steadily and avoid holding your breath during the exercise.
- Modify the exercise by performing it on an elevated surface, like a bench or step, if you're not ready for the full range of motion.
- Consult with a fitness professional if you experience any pain or discomfort while performing the exercise.
- Incorporate this exercise into a well-rounded workout routine that includes strength training, cardio, and flexibility exercises.
- Don't forget to warm up before attempting this exercise to prevent injuries.