90 Degree Heel Touch
The 90 Degree Heel Touch is a fantastic exercise that targets the abdominal muscles, specifically the obliques. This exercise is known for its ability to tone and strengthen the core, providing you with a stable and well-defined midsection. To perform the 90 Degree Heel Touch, you will begin by lying flat on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Your arms should be relaxed and placed by your sides. Slowly lift your upper body off the ground, engaging your abdominal muscles. You should aim to bring your upper body to a 90-degree angle, forming a V-shape with your torso. Once you have lifted your upper body, you will reach your right hand towards your right heel, contracting your obliques in the process. Lower your upper body back down and repeat the same motion on the left side, touching your left heel with your left hand. Alternate between right and left, focusing on maintaining proper form and a controlled movement throughout. Incorporating the 90 Degree Heel Touch into your workout routine can help strengthen your core muscles, enhance stability, and improve overall posture. Remember to pair this exercise with a balanced diet and regular cardiovascular workouts for maximum benefits. Stay consistent and challenge yourself as you progress by increasing the number of repetitions or sets. By doing so, you'll be well on your way to achieving a strong and chiseled midsection.
- Start by lying flat on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Extend your arms to your sides at a 90-degree angle with your palms facing down.
- Engage your core and lift your shoulders off the floor, keeping your lower back pressed against the ground.
- Reach your right hand towards your right heel, keeping your left hand and shoulder off the ground.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the movement, this time reaching your left hand towards your left heel.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Tips & Tricks
- Eat a balanced diet that includes lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables to fuel your body and promote muscle recovery.
- Incorporate core-strengthening exercises like planks and Russian twists to help improve your stability and form during the 90 Degree Heel Touch.
- Warm up your body with dynamic stretches and movements before performing the exercise to reduce the risk of injury.
- Engage your abdominal muscles throughout the entire movement to maximize the effectiveness of the 90 Degree Heel Touch.
- Focus on maintaining proper form and technique throughout the exercise to engage the targeted muscles effectively.
- Gradually increase the difficulty of the exercise by adding weight or performing variations like bent-leg heel touches.
- Include cardiovascular exercises like running or cycling to improve your overall fitness level and endurance.
- Allow your body enough time to rest and recover between workouts to prevent overtraining and promote muscle growth.
- Stay consistent with your workout routine and incorporate the 90 Degree Heel Touch regularly to see progress and improvement over time.
- Listen to your body and adjust the intensity or frequency of the exercise based on your fitness level and individual capabilities.